Wednesday, February 7, 2007

We're in the Deep Freeze

It's COLD here in Eau Claire, though we seem to be coming out of it. Monday was so cold that all the schools were cancelled (-40 below, with windchill). It's still sub-zero, but not as windy.

Michael returned to school today after four days missed in a row. He's still not 100%, but he seems better and shouldn't be contagious anymore, at least. It was just a string of things... pink eye, sore throat, cough, fatigue, swollen glands. We took him to the doctor twice but were told it was viral and something we'd just have to wait out. Emma was actually the first one sick, but she had fever and a cough, none of the other stuff, and recovered faster.

They're having a school program Thursday afternoon. I'll post pictures from the event, if I get some good ones. It sounds cute: Emma's going to be Cinderella, wearing a costume, and kindergarten is doing three different song & dance numbers, including Mickey Mouse Club and Hello Dolly.

Jon's back to work after a long, four-day weekend. It was so cold they had to shut down; their equipment wasn't starting. Hopefully today went better for them. Jon was crawling the walls, with so much time at home. It was even too cold for him to snowmobile or icefish (though he tried). I tried to find him useful household tasks to help pass the time, but he gets touchy about that after awhile... hee hee.

I had to miss a lot of my regular office hours last week, because of the kids' illnesses. Luckily I had things I could work on at home. There's a school board race coming up in April, and our teacher's union is interviewing the candidates. I'm typing up transcripts of those interviews.

Brother Don already knows about that! I had to call place an emergency call to him this weekend; after working on the transcripts for six hours, my computer crashed... I thought I was going to have to start from scratch. Luckily Don was able to save the day and help me find my files. Thank you Don C. Bragg!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lucky Duck Mikey gets to stay home for four days in a row ...

I've updated my blog, LiLi.

Jojo