Tuesday, April 15, 2008

More baby pics!!


Here's me and Leila!!

I thought I'd better write again and post more pictures of Leila with various family members, before I get too far behind. As you can tell by the photos, Leila spends most of her time sleeping these days (with a few noteable exceptions, including the hours of 2 - 4 in the morning, when she likes to be WIDE awake).

Actually, I feel much better rested now than I did in those last couple months of pregnancy. I had so much bulk around my middle I really had trouble breathing at night, and my trips to the bathroom were constant. Now I'm finally enjoying some deep sleep again (until the baby starts crying). But she only wakes me up about twice a night, and I usually get to have at least three hours of sleep between feedings. So she's a pretty easy baby, that way.

This weekend we went to Cornell, to introduce Leila to her other grandparents, Bud and Jane. Leila wore a sweater set that Jane had knitted for her. While we were there, some of Jon's siblings stopped by to visit, including his sisters, Ann and Sally, and brothers Phil and Brent. Everyone seemed to agree that she has "her own look", rather than bearing a strong resemblance to anyone on either side of the family (at this point), although Jane thought she looked more like a "Hurlburt baby" than Emma or Michael had.

Jonathan came to Cornell as well, and we had a 24th birthday party for him (his birthday is actually April 16th). Jane served a nice ham dinner followed by slabs of her rich, made-from-scratch chocolate cake, which is absolutely decadent with its thick fudge frosting.












This coming weekend we will be going to Cornell again, this time to Jon's sister Ann's cabin, for a 75th birthday party for Jane. Pat and Ann have a nice hunting cabin that is more like a second home than a hunting shack. Unlike the rustic hunting shack in Ruby, their cabin is clean and modern and NOT infested with miscellaneous rodents and vermin. They have a big fire pit in the back yard and wooded trails for 4-wheeling or walking. If the weather cooperates it should be a fun day outdoors.










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

she just looks like a little doll. that little sweater is so cute on her.

jkbinturkey said...

Little Leilei is so cute! I would like to come visit her again soon. Are you all busy the weekend of May 10-11? That may be possible for me, as Jim will be going to wedding in Milwaukee that weekend (that I don't want to attend, as I don't really know the couple).

Also, FYI, Jim and I will be going up to Rhinetown on the weekend of May 3-4. We plan to canoe, rototill Mom's garden, and dine at the Chinese restaurant to celebrate my birth. Laurie might also show up that weekend (to try to steal my lime light, no doubt).

jojo