Monday, June 2, 2008

Lisa's Graduation Party; Fun Outdoors


Hi everyone!

Thought I'd open with a picture of Sally's new puppies. Aren't they cute? They fit right in your hand. Their mama (pictured here, with pups) is actually Jon's niece Lisa's dog "Holly" (I think she's a poodle); their dad is Jon's sister Sally's dog "Buddy" (a tiny dog, smaller than Holly, who looks to be part chihauhau). Both dogs are white. Buddy is a particular favorite of Bud's; whenever Sally visits her parents and brings the dogs along, Buddy makes a beeline for Grandpa Bud's lap (where he is very welcome).

Emma LOVES these new puppies, of course. We met them this weekend while at Lisa's highschool graduation party. I don't have pictures from the party itself, but the photo at right shows Lisa in her home. When Sally sends it to me, I will post a picture of me with my cousin Peggy Linskey (who also attended the party!). Peggy lives in Holcombe, too, and knows Jon's sister because both are active in their church. Peggy's daughter Shauna lives very near Sally's house, as well.

We left the party earlier than we otherwise would have because we knew Mom, Dad, and Bill would be waiting at our house. Mom and Dad were helping Bill move to a new apartment in Minneapolis, so stayed overnight at our house Saturday so they could get to Minneapolis early the next morning.

While visiting with them Saturday night, we discovered that they planned to make two separate trips to Minneapolis this weekend, so they could haul Bill's stuff (and help him carry it up to his third story apartment!). Jon volunteered to help them haul a load of stuff with his trailer and Tahoe, so they would only have to make one trip. Since he went along to Minneapolis too, Jon was able to help Bill carry up his heaviest pieces of furniture, so it was a little easier for Dad.

While here, Mom and Dad walked with us on the new trails Jon's made. Our trails are still pretty rough-- not as finished as we'd like-- but they're walkable and we've already made lots of use out of them. We walk the dog and Jon takes the kids out for 3-wheeler rides, but I like walking on them just to "meditate" and enjoy nature. I like that it's our private land, and that if I want to I can walk outside first thing in the morning, with my glasses on and my hair sticking out like a bird nest. I'm also pretty sure we don't have bears in our little area, so I find it more relaxing than walking in Rhinelander (where we KNOW there are bears).

This is the kids' last week of school. Their last day is actually Wednesday, and that's only a half day. So they're pretty excited for the upcoming break. And they have a fun thing to look forward to right away: a visit from my brother Don's family this weekend. Don has three kids similar in age to our kids, and we just adore seeing them when we can (they make their home in Arkansas, where Don is a forester).

Here's a picture of Don's kids from Christmas (Stephen, Beth, and Kenny), and Don with Stephen:


Ofcourse, no posting would be complete without a picture of Leila, our little sweetheart. Don't you just love her??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha. that's the picture of leila that i show all my friends because it is one of my favorites.

Anonymous said...

i don't know...it looks like leila is sassin' ya there.

lulu