Monday, August 13, 2007

Lots going on!

It's been awhile since I've written, and lots has been going on-- most notably the birth of my brother Don's son, Stephen Charles Bragg. The baby was born a month early, emergency c-section, but weighed in at an amazing 11 pounds 4 ounces. He was over 23 inches long. Don reports that mother and child are in good health. For any Hurlburts checking in, Don and Hope live in Arkansas and have two other children as well.

Mom left yesterday afternoon, after staying with us for a 4 day, 3 night visit. Dad dropped her off on Thursday (along with our dog Coco), and the kids were very excited to have her here. We ate out a couple of times, did some school shopping, and went to north side Eau Claire's farmer's market in Phoenix Park. There we bought lots of heavy produce, including two watermelons, so I made several trips back and forth to load stuff up while Mom and the kids ate ice cream and listened to folk music.

Saturday afternoon we visited Aunt Margy. She is doing very well and was as warm and gracious as ever. I always think of her as the perfect hostess, because she seems to genuinely enjoy making guests in her home feel comfortable and at ease. Both kids like her a lot. We chatted for an hour or so and I was pleased when she gave me one of Grandma Bragg's hand-made braided rugs. Also she let me borrow her copy of the newest Harry Potter book. I have to admit it that I started that book yesterday afternoon and have already finished it. I found the ending very satisfying and liked the book a lot.

I will post a picture of my new haircut on the blog. I now have hilights and much shorter hair. The difference in length was shocking, at first, but we're getting used to it now and it is a lot more practical. Still, what a change!

Brother Bill will be coming Wednesday. He's going to stay over a couple of nights and visit before we all leave for Madison on Saturday. Bill and Jonathan will be riding with us when we meet up with John and Jim and convoy over to the Milwaukee Brewer game. Jon's sister Sally has generously agreed to watch Coco for us. We can't wait to experience our first big tailgate party and meet the Houzners. Wish everyone could make it there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice haircut lisa! mark likes it too!

lulu