Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Sorry I've Been Off the Radar...

It's been awhile since I updated this blog or responded to my home email, but we've been having "technical difficulties" with our dial-up internet service at home. It hasn't been working for weeks, and Jon and I have spent several hours of phone conversation with AT&T's technical helpers in India, but the problem remains unresolved. I'm ready to change internet providers; it shouldn't be this hard to have internet service!!

The other problem has been that last week I deleted the short-cuts I had on my work computer to get to everybody's blog sites. I actually resigned my job last week so thought I'd better start removing all the personal items I had saved on my work computer. But now I've been persuaded to stay (I got a raise and the hours I wanted for next year!), so am regretting that I no longer have links to the family blog sites.

SO! If everyone could please re-send me links to their blogs, I'll be back in business. Send it to bragghurl@yahoo.com, and I'll be able to read it from my work computer.

Anyway, John, about August 18th! All the above is why I hadn't responded before now. Plan on us being there! I can't say for sure whether Jon will make it, but I know he wants to go to a Brewer game and he should be able to have that weekend off (it's our anniversary weekend!). The kids and I will be able to make it for sure. Please let Jim know (does he have an email address?) and have him send us the details as far as when we should arrive, what expenses might be involved, etc. I'd love to meet some Houzners!

2 comments:

jkbinturkey said...

Yay! I assume this will be the first major league game for Mikey and Emma (and You?) It should be a lot of fun. I'm relieved that the "Bragg-Houzner" family baseball game will be more than the "John Bragg-Houzner" family baseball game! Mom and Dad have said that they are "in" as well. Brother Bill would like to go ... if he can get a ride? Maybe he can take a bus to Eau Claire or something and hook up with you before you go down. Don and Hope are out. I haven't got a hold of Bob yet. Laurie-lalaskey?

I hope Jon Hurlburt can come, too. We'll get an extra ticket for him, just in case ... it would not be hard to unload it if necessary to Jim's Madison network. Also, would Jonathan, Susan, or David be interested? Let me know pronto.

Congratulations on your promotion. Sometimes it pays to play hardball!

JOJOKE

P.S. My blogsite is jkbinturkey.blogspot.com and my email is jkbragg@wisc.edu

William Bragg said...

way to go with work!

i've found part-time work with Wolfgang Puck Catering in the Walker Art Center. Still looking for a regular day job.